Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I have this idea that you can make any dish into a pizza. My friends and I have a tradition of watching Survivor together. Everyone brings a dish to someone's house and we watch this week's episode while noshing on goodies. Tonight I tried my pizza idea out on them. I had a craving for Buffalo chicken, so I decided to turn it into a pizza. It came out better than I expected. I wasn't sure if I should use the blue cheese dressing or the hot sauce as the "sauce" for the pizza. I'm glad I decided to go with the hot sauce for the base and use the dressing as a topping on the finished pie. I didn't follow a recipe.
I decided to just "wing it".
Sorry....couldn't resist.

2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
1 cup Frank's Hot Wing Sauce
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mozzerella
1/4 cup blue cheese
Marie's Blue Cheese salad dressing

1 pizza dough, or 1 Boboli pizza crust

Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and cayenne; toss to coat
Add butter and oil to skillet and heat to medium high. Add chicken and saute until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and add buffalo hot sauce, mixing well.
Prepare dough if using fresh. Preheat oven to 500. After dough is stretched out to desired thickness, place on pizza peel and let rest 5 minutes. When oven is ready, spoon on hot sauce/chicken mixture and spread out so entire pizza is covered in sauce. Sprinkle all the celery and most of the green onion. Add both cheeses. Add remainder of green onion. Cook pizza about 10 minutes if using a pizza stone, or according to package directions if using Boboli crust.  Remove from oven when bottom of pizza is well browned. Let cool slightly, then cut into slices. Drizzle blue cheese dressing on top, if desired.

Before cooking



After cooking

1 comment: